Update to version 1.1.0:
- a new animation - a Hercules C130 is taxiing on the large apron in the east of the Air Base
- i've added a few more objects around some airplanes
- the flying Chinook Helicopter was reduced in polygon count and the rotor blades were accelerated 3x the before speed (still no sound, sorry ... :( ... )
- some night lights optimizations (only in the main Static Enhancement addon, not in the extra surrounding Night Lights Pack)
- the Terminal building got brighter window night light maps for the frontside
The zip-file of the new version is called "gsdovah_Ramstein-Air-Base_Static-Enhancement_v110.zip" and it includes the same two folders like described below under version 1.0.0 !
There were no changes done in the surrounding Airport Night Lights Pack - so if someone is using those surrounding night lights already, there is no need to install it again (it's anyway just optional to use, it's not needed for this Ramstein Air Base Static Enhancement).
Just copy the folder "gsdovah_RamsteinAB-Static-Enhancement" into your Community folder. If you want to make sure, that there are no leftovers from the old v1.0.1 (or v1.0.0) addon, then better delete the older version first before copying the new one !!
Small Update to version 1.0.1:
I've had to make some small changes to both of the packages - Static Enhancement and surrounding Airport night lights - so if you are using one or both of those packages, please download the newest zip-file and replace the old packages in the Community folder by just simply overwriting the old mod folders. Sorry for the trouble ...
This mod is mainly a static object enhancement for the American Air Force Ramstein Air Base in Germany. ICAO-Code is ETAR .
It's intention is to raise the MSFS2020 AI generated military airport to something closer looking and feeling to the real Air Force Base.
To achive this i have added different distinctive buildings, military airplanes and a few small technical gadgets.
The distinctive added buildings are:
- KMC-Center Mall
- Terminal Building
- Hangar extra large (for up to Galaxy C-5s)
- Hangar large
- Hangars normal size
- ATC-Tower and Buildings.
The added military aircraft are:
- Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt Warthog
- Apache WAH-64
- Boeing CH-47 Chinook
- North American F-86F Sabre USAF - (as a statue)
- General Dynamics F-16C Fighting Falcon - (active parked aircrafts and statue)
- Boeing C-17 Globemaster III
- Lockheed C-130H "Hercules"
- Lockheed C-5M Galaxy
- McDonnell Douglas KC-10A Extender
- McDonnell Douglas F-4C Phantom - (as a statue)
- Transall C-160D - (german air force visitor ... :) ... )
And a few supporting extra objects - like a fire department training airplane dummy, generators ...
As an extra i've included a few circulating animations to have some static objects appear more alive and busy, such as a rotating beacon light on the top of the ATC Tower, forklifts moving cargo or an Apache Helicopter from Galaxy C-5 and Globemaster Transporters, some animations for Hercules C130s , F16-Falcon, Fairchild Thunderbolt and Chinook Helicopters. Even a little animation for the tiredless fire department guys while being at their training site. (I've planned to add sound to some of the animations, but no luck to get it working, yet, sorry ... ).
The downloaded zip-file "gsdovah_Ramstein-Air-Base_Static-Enhancement.zip" includes two folders:
The folder "gsdovah_RamsteinAB-Static-Enhancement" is, like the name tells, this Static Enhancement. Just drop this folder into the Community folder of your MSFS2020 installation - done.
The explanation for the included second folder - important note:
If you still have my older mod called "Ramstein AFB Germany Night Lighting Enhancement and selection of surrounding airports" installed (community folder name is "ramsteinafb-germany-lights"), then you have to delete this mod before using this Ramstein AB Enhancement, because the lights used in there had to be repositioned, replaced or deleted, to fit the new lighting system of this scenery. The lighting won't be fitting no more and most likely being a lighting overkill and not looking and working good anymore alltogether !!
So this second folder "gsdovah_surrounding-airport-lights-without-RamsteinAB" can be used by those MSFS users, who would like to keep the lighting enhancement of the surrounding airports, but without the old Ramstein AB night light enhancement !
So whoever wants to use those night lights, just copy this folder to the Community folder, done !
Here i want to say thank you very much to the very creative people at 3D Warehouse and give all the credits to their talent and their base 3D models, that i've used in this mod, which are:
- Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt Warthog - by Mandun
- Apache WAH-64 - by Mandun
- Boeing CH-47 Chinook - by theartist
- North American F-86F Sabre USAF - by sletch2003
- Firemen and Pilot Figures - by Max Grueter
- Firetruck - by diego-aravena
- Forklift large - by big-joe-the-truck-man
- General Dynamics F-16C Fighting Falcon - by mandun
- Boeing C-17 Globemaster III - by mandun
- Lockheed C-130H "Hercules" - by mandun
- Lockheed C-5M Galaxy - by mandun
- McDonnell Douglas KC-10A Extender - by 707
- McDonnell Douglas F-4C Phantom - by mandun
- Ramstein Air Base Terminal Building - by Aerilius
- Ramstein Air Base KMC-Center Building - by Aerilius
- Transall C-160D - by mandun
The following objects listed were created by myself:
- Cargo-Pack with Wooden Palett - by gsdovah
- Fire Department Training Aircraft and platform - by gsdovah
- Floodlight Mast red-white large - by gsdovah
- Floodlight Mast red-white medium - by gsdovah
- Floodlight Mast red-white small - by gsdovah
- Generator - by gsdovah
- Draw Bar System (connection between forklift und Apache heli) - by gsdovah
- Red Cylinder Gadget - by gsdovah
- Height Adjusting Wheel Chock - by gsdovah
- Ramstein Air Base Hangar extra large (up to C-5 Galaxy) - by gsdovah
- Ramstein Air Base Hangar large - by gsdovah
- Ramstein Air Base Hangar normal - by gsdovah
- Ramstein Air Base Tower and Buildings - by gsdovah
<<< No original MSFS2020 aircraft parking spot got harmed during this mod creation, they are all existing and being well ;-) >>>
Now I can only hope you will enjoy this MSFS2020 mod as i enjoyed to create it (and use it myself, of course ! ... :-) ... ) !!!
Pretty empty over here.
Pretty empty over here.
These users have donated to gsdovah to keep him making awesome add-ons everyone can enjoy.
Pretty empty over here.
Pretty empty over here.
GPS Coordinates 49.440232, 7.593798
You are not allowed to upload this file to other sites under any circumstances.
You must get permission from me first before you are allowed to modify or improve my file.
You are not allowed to convert this file under any circumstances.
Asset Use Permission
You must get permission from me first before you are allowed to use assets of my file.
© gsdovah - All rights reserved. Any reupload or redistribution of this file without the author's prior written consent is forbidden.
This Flight Simulator 2020 Mod was created by gsdovah and shared in Scenery Enhancements » Intl. Airports for Microsoft Flight Simulator.